Friday 6 April 2018

Friday focus on what's next

Yep a rare post from me about me. Well, not me exactly, but my writing.
As I've probably mentioned ad nauseam, my hotwriting gene seems to have gone awol. Vanished. Now, I hope it's just on holiday but who knows? There's nowt so queer as my muse.

Instead Muse has decided to hit me with at least a dozen other ideas and not all similar thank goodness. One of my biggest worries is that someone will pick up a book of mine and says its the same as my last one (or whatever). You know the sort of thing. On p 3 she smirks, P 7 he scowls, page 24 he kisses her/ties her up/does a runner/plays let me entertain you. So similar that if you don't remember the names used you don't know what book you're reading. And probably couldn't care less, either.

If I ever get like that, please tell me. Loudly, vociferously, and over and over.

But... Now I have a dilemma of a different kind. Who do I concentrate on? My YA series is finished and I'll get the edits as and when they are needed for the last four books. The final book is not YA and I'm swithering over how to adjust it... My Regency Miss Simpkins' School for Seduction is with my editor as well, and my chick lit's name and cover will soon be revealed. My other Regency Amanda and the Duke is over half way there, my Hong Kong and Scottish contemp ditto.

And there's the saga I'm toying with...

Yes, lots of hat juggling. I wouldn't have it any other way, except I really want to see how the last two Naughty Forties books pan out. But without my hot...

Ah well... Instead I'll immerse myself in times gone by and see what transpires.

Be good, and happy reading,

love Raven x


No comments:

Post a Comment